Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Setup

Before play begins, the map must be prepared.  You start with a piece of normal, blank paper, and then each player draws a specific terrain element onto the map.  Since this is a solitaire game, I have decided to start with three pieces of terrain, mimicking a three player game.  To keep from having to constantly take pictures of a physical drawing, I am using presentation software to "draw" terrain onto a blank map.  And by "draw," I mostly mean "insert pictures.  It'll work.  I am starting with a river, an abandoned hunting lodge, and a forest, as you can see below.


Once the map is set, you have to set starting resources, which will either be an abundance or a scarcity.  Resources are supposed to be items that are important to the community in some way.  As with terrain elements, each player is to contribute a resource.  To stay in theme with my starting map, I will list three starting resources:  shelter, fuel, and animals.  I randomly determined which one will be in abundance (you start with one) and got animals.  The resources, whether in abundance or in scarcity, are represented on the map.  This gives us the map below, and we are ready to start the first turn!


Resources:
Abundances - animals
Scarcities - fuel, shelter

No comments:

Post a Comment